Thursday 24 May 2012

My Continuing Fight to Go To School

I am delighted that I have been able to go to school several days this week because a nurse has been made available to go with me.  I love going to school and get very sad if I can't go, especially when I can't go just because there is no nurse.


Mum and others have been battling to try and improve the situation so that I can always go when I am well.  Lots of people have rallied around to help me.  Sadly the people who can really control the situation, the big bosses at NHS Lothian don't seem to understand the problem at all.  They seem to think it doesn't matter if I go to school or not.  They seem to think different rules apply for children like me and we are not allowed to do the things others take for granted. They have even suggested that there is no reason why my mum should take me to school instead of a nurse.  I wonder what they would say if someone suggested they should go to their son or daughter's school to teach if the teacher is off sick for several weeks in a row.


I hoping the problem will be sorted soon.  It is not long till I start High School and missing that would be a real disaster, as I wouldn't be able to keep up with my school work at all.


Some of you may have seen the short movie "Adam's Fight to Go to School - The Movie" telling how I took a letter I had written to the new CEO at NHS Lothian.  He hasn't sent me a reply, by the way.  Here is a second movie in the same series.  This tells of some of my achievements - what I can achieve given the chance.  All I want is to be able to go to school like other boys and girls my age.


Click on this link to view my latest film:-
http://youtu.be/it_KQEkpqAI

No comments:

Post a Comment